There’s nothing like a jacket potato to keep you going through tough study periods, plus they’re cheap and super easy to do. Here’s how to do it right:
You will need:
- Just one baking potato (usually come in packs of 4, bigger than your average)
- Butter and/or your topping of choice, to serve.
- Take a fork to your potato and give it a good pricking.
- Pop your potato on a microwave safe dish and microwave for about 10 minutes. Turn your oven on and up to 200C.
- Take the potato out of the microwave, off the dish and into the oven on the rack. Leave it in for about 45 minutes.
- Once your potato is cooked, plate it up and cut a cross into the top. Using something to cover your hands, squeeze the bottom in to pop the top open.
- Add your choice of topping, maybe some beans, maybe some cheese or maybe some beans and cheese?
Jackets are super versatile and go with basically anything, our bolognese is a particularly good addition!
Words by Simon Whitlock